We play about five weddings each year. Each event is special and unique to each couple, and we consult with each client on our song list and what styles of music they would like to hear in order to create a customized event. We can perform classical music, hymns or perform traditional songs during your ceremony. An acoustic cocktail hour has become very popular while the bridal party finishes pictures and the guests are arriving at the reception site. For receptions that begin with a sit down dinner, we typically start with some instrumental bluegrass ,or even jazz tunes while food is served and conversation is the focus. Receptions really begin with first dances, and we can learn any song you would like to dance to if our song list does not strike your fancy. As guests enter the dance floor some familiar classic country tunes for the old folks is helpful to get them dancing before the evening gets late. We then transition to faster uptempo songs as the night progresses and dancing becomes the focus.
BBQ on the menu? You need Smokey's Farmland Band! We play house parties and can get the young and the old dancing.
Cabbagetown Chomp & Stomp Chili Cook-off & Old Time Bluegrass Festival
12th Annual Festival: Saturday, November 1th, 2014 [Smokey's Farmland Band headling 5PM on Park Stage w/ special guest Benny Galloway]
2) "Smokey's Farmland Band was a great match to open for Willie Nelson. They were completely professional, and each member brought an energetic performance and strong musicianship to the stage that night. We look forward to working with them again in the future".
House of Blues, New Orleans, Louisiana
3) On behalf of myself and the Food and Wine Festival team, thank you so much for being a part of the Chef’s House Party event at Chef Kevin Rathbun’s. Smokey’s Farmland Band played wonderful and entertaining music and brought life to the party. Thank you for being a vital part of the evening! Looking forward to working with you in the future.
Atlanta Food and Wine Festival
4) I've used Smokey's Farmland Band at events for several years -- MayDay at Serenbe, Les Dames d'Escoffier's Afternoon in the Country, and Street Food Thursdays in Midtown. They are professional, easy to work with, all-around nice guys, and people love their music. They are versatile and are intuitive to what's crowd appropriate.
Tucker Berta, LLC; W Hotel Midtown Atlanta; Serenbe Farms
5) "We planned and planned and planned...but one thing you can't anticipate enough is incredible entertainment. I cannot imagine our event without the musical contribution of Smokey's farmland band. As an artist, I personally value great creative talent with a professional sound---SFB is not your average "party band". It was a sound that demanded the attention of any musical intellect, while remaining the party goer's favorite. They are urban bluegrass at it's finest. I love these guys!"
Courtney J Garrett, 10 year reunion, Birmingham AL/June 2011
6) I've worked with Smokey's Farmland Band multiple times and always excited to recommend them to colleagues and friends. Whether for a personal party at my home or for a client event, they are easy to work with, professional and most importantly, fun. In addition to incredible musical talent, the band has a great ability to adapt their music, attire, and performance style to varied event personalities whether casual or formal. Every time I've worked with them my guests have raved.
7) Smokey's Farmland Band played at my wedding last July and they set the tone for the entire day. They played the ceremony music, which was a mix of traditional classical wedding music and bluegrass. Then, for the reception, they switched over to mostly bluegrass with some country and Neil Young mixed in. They even learned a few songs on request. A year later, my guests are still talking about the fun energy from the band.
Katherine Cruthirds Frederick